Installing PostGis on MAC
- Install Homebrew
- brew install postgis
- If it fails due to permission issue:
- sudo chown -R “$USER”:admin /usr/local to affect every sub directory of local or you can only mention the directory pointed by Homebrew
4. Login: psql -U postgres -h localhost -d gis
- Here gis is the database to which I want to add Postgis capabilities
5. `CREATE EXTENSION postgis;`
6. Login to pgAdmin GUI software to check the functions and views added to this DB! These are all geospatial functions.
Originally published at sites.google.com.